I don’t know what is happening to my memory. My kids tease me all the time. When they need something from the store they know to just write it down, because I will forget. It must just be the simple things because I can remember lots of stuff. Things pop into my head for no reason at all. Earlier today, I was thinking about a professor that posed the question, ” What is one food you probably eat everyday?” Heck, I don’t know, an apple a day keeps the doctor away He was looking for Yogurt. Yes, yogurt is a food that I too think we should be eating every day. It is an excellent source of probiotics, which are fantastic for maintaining a healthy gut.
I really do eat a lot of yogurt! I use yogurt making dips, dressings, muffins, pancakes, and cookies. I most often use yogurt to make smoothies. I prefer plain yogurt over flavored, because you don’t have to worry about anything artificial or extra sugar being in there. The good folks at Chobani were kind enough to send me some of their yogurt, so I used some 0% plain yogurt to make a Chocolate Almond Yogurt Smoothie…
- To produce antimicrobials that prevent the growth of bad bacteria
- When in contact with undigested food produce substances that are used as nutrients for our colon cells. (This is beneficial because when nutrients are available for colon cells it helps to prevent cancer. It also helps to enhance our immune system.)
- Found in fresh cultured yogurt
- Help prevent growth of bad bacteria in the intestine
- Enhance our immune system
- Help maintain integrity of intestinal wall
- Help prevent diarrheal diseases
I prefer to get my probiotics from yogurt versus taking in pill form. Supplements are not regulated by the FDA, so you never know if you are actually getting what the box claims.
Oh my goodness, you will not believe how delicious this smoothie tastes. It is thick, chocolatey with the nutty taste of almonds. This may be my new way of getting my daily probiotics! It taste like a dessert and it is good for you
Disclaimer: I received a variety of samples from Chobani. I was under no obligation to give a review, positive or otherwise. All opinions are my own unless stated or contained within a guest post.