Football season is in full swing and there is nothing I love more than the parties. Sure you get to watch a football game, but the best part for me is having some good food. I like to see what everyone decides to bring. It usually is something you make really well or others really enjoy. I’ve gotten to a point where I can go to a party and know who brought what without asking! I like to mix it up and try different recipes.
Get ready for this Cajun Corn Dip…
This dip is loaded with some great nutrients. Corn is a great sources of fiber, folate, and potassium. Yellow corn contains lutein and zeaxanthin. Both are carotenoids that help keep your eyes healthy and can help prevent age related eye disease. Onions are a great source of fiber and lignans that can help prevent heart disease and some cancers. Onions are also a fantastic source of the flavonoid quercetin. Quiercetin is a strong antioxidant that can protect against heart disease, strokes, and certain cancers. Jalapeños and bell peppers are sources of vitamin A. Beta-carotene found in peppers is an antioxidant, which is useful in preventing the free radical damage that can lead to cell damage and heart disease. Peppers are also a source of Vitamins K, and Vitamin C.
Not only does it have great nutrients it has cheese! Everything is better with cheese, right?!!
I haven’t even started cooking and my husband is asking if it is ready. I’m working as fast as I can. I start making this delicious Cajun Corn Dip by combining sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Next, I sauté onions and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, until fragrant. Add the corn, bell pepper, and jalapeño to the pan and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the warm corn to the cheese mixture.
Okay, time to get this baby in the oven. Coat a shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. Then pour in the corn mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Grab your favorite chips and come and get it! When I first saw this recipe it was served with corn chips. I like to serve it with Way Better chips.
- 8 oz shredded colby-monterey cheese
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 16oz corn kernels
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add onions and garlic, sauté until fragrant. Add the corn, bell pepper, and jalapeño to pan. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes, to warm.
- Add to bowl with cheese mixture. Stir to combine. Transfer to a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbling.
Oh yeah, this stuff is a touch down! My Cajun Corn Dip is cheesy, creamy, crunchy and a little bit spicy. Yum! I had to get pictures quickly. I’ve got some hungry guys ready to dig in!!