You give me a banana, I will turn it into something delicious. I’ll want to break it up and create a delicious smoothie or mash it up and make some pancakes…
If you love banana bread, banana muffins, or just plain bananas you will love these pancakes. This recipe is super quick and easy to make and you’ll get all the flavors of banana nut bread. Bananas are a great source of potassium which helps maintain normal blood pressure and good bone health. That’s always good, right?
To help give these pancakes a little more staying power, I use Whole White Wheat Flour. This flour is a whole grain, so you get all the benefits of the bran, germ, and endosperm. For the nut in these Banana Nut Pancakes, I use walnuts. These are the only nut that provides omega-3 fatty acids in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Omega 3 fatty acids help reduce heart disease and can lower cholesterol.
I see I’m not the best bag opener, good thing it is resealable. Hello, super ripe bananas! These little guys were begging to be turned into something delicious
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup 0% fat milk
- 2 oz chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork, until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, stir to combine.
- To the bananas, add the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk to combine.
- Heat griddle on medium low heat. Lightly coat griddle with cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter on the griddle, cook for approximately 2- 2½ minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
You will not believe how amazing these pancakes make your kitchen smell. Get ready for the mouthwatering aroma of fresh baked banana nut bread in a pancake that only took a few minutes to prepare. Yum!