Who’s ready for Broncos vs Seahawks? The Superbowl is just around the corner, so it’s time to start planning! Pizza is a favorite in our house. So, I made these so you don’t have to miss one minute of the game. Load up a basket or tray and you will have some happy football fans in your house!
These Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are soft and full of delicious cheesy goodness. Best of all they fit perfectly in your hand This is my favorite pizza dough, it produces great results every time.
To keep these from being greasy, I pre-cook the pepperoni to help drain off the oil. I use a melted butter spread to coat the dough before baking. This will give the rolls a beautiful golden color.
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 10 ounces bread flour (2 cups )
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2¼ teaspoons)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 7 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 12 (4½-inch) sticks mozzarella string cheese
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Add flour, salt and yeast to large bowl. Add olive oil to one side of bowl. Slowly add in water and stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- Once dough comes together, place on lightly floured counter and knead to form soft elastic dough. Place dough in large bowl lightly coated with olive oil. Gently roll dough around bowl to coat. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Microwave pepperoni in small bowl for 1 minute.
- Separate any pepperoni that are stuck together and microwave for another 25 seconds.
- Carefully, place pepperonis on a plate lined with a paper towel. Pat dry.
- Press or roll dough out to a 10 x 16 rectangle on a lightly floured counter-top.
- Divide dough in half lengthwise.
- One the long end begin spreading pepperoni and top with mozzarella cheese sticks to form a line.
- Fold dough over pepperoni and cheese to seal.
- With a sharp knife divide into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Shape is piece into a roll, being sure to seal open areas.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Lightly butter tops of rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
Here’s to a great Super Bowl and great food!