Here we are again with another snow day. So, what are we going to do? Get ahead and do upcoming homework? Clean house or that closet your mother keeps telling you needs to be organized? Well, first we are making some donuts…Cinnamon Sugar Baked Yogurt Donuts!!!
These babies are amazing!
These aren’t your typical empty-calorie donuts. This is a new twist on baked donuts.
These Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are not only baked instead of fried…they are made healthy by incorporating greek yogurt into the batter.
This produces a soft and tender donut that has extra protein!!
Pour yourself a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee and enjoy these healthier donuts!
- 2 cups all-pupose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 oz 0% plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup 0% fat milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs.
- Add oil, greek yogurt, and sugars. Whisk in milk until sugar is dissolved
- Add the wet ingredients into the flour; site to combine.
- Coat a donut pan with nonstick spray. Fill each well ½ full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Bake for 12-15 minus. Use a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Take donuts out of the pan and roll in cinnamon sugar while they are hot .