I’m not complaining, but the weather here in Colorado is wacky! One day it is 90 and the next its in the 60’s. When we moved here and found that most homes don’t have an a/c, I was quite surprised. Coming from Texas, it is kind of strange to live in a house without an air conditioner. How do you survive without a/c?! In Texas you ran your air conditioner 24/7 but, here there isn’t a big need. The nights cool down so, if you open a few windows your whole house gets cooled. I woke up this morning and read our inside temperature was 62ºF. It’s July, isn’t that crazy?! My family in Texas and Arizona just spent the weekend in record high temperatures of over 100 degrees. Sorry family but, it is times like these that I love living here 😀
I’m still on my grilling spree so, I thought I’d share our latest dish…Grilled Honey Lime Chicken
Chicken is famous for its high protein content. It contains all the essential amino acids which are needed for the development of muscles. Chicken has all the B vitamins: B1, B2, B3 (Niacin), B5, B6, B12, folate, biotin, and choline. Chicken is also rich in selenium, along with providing zinc, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and iron.
To reduce both fat and calories, remove the skin and trim away visible fat . Skinless chicken has 55% less fat than chicken with the skin.
Chicken Breast Nutrition
Protein 20 g
Magnesium 23 mg
Phosphorus 260 mg
Potassium 282 mg
Niacin 9 mg
Vitamin A 36 IU
Vitamin D 5 IU
I mixed up some of my Cherry Tomato Avocado Salsa to go with the chicken. I love the colors in this dish!
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken
- breasts, trimmed of fat
- Combine lime juice, honey, paprika and salt with a whisk in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Pour marinade over the chicken. Seal bag and "massage" to help get the marinade all over chicken.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium. Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray or rub oil on grate.
- Grill chicken to an internal temperature of 165°, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Allow chicken to rest 2-3 minutes before serving.
This Grilled Honey Lime Chicken tastes as good as it looks. It is delicious, the marinade gives the chicken a wonderful sweet and tangy flavor. I topped it with my Cherry Tomato Avocado Salsa, the combination created a flavor explosion 😀 The honey lime chicken pairs perfectly with the sweet cherry tomatoes and creamy avocado. This is definitely on my list of favorite al fresco meals 😀