Chicken Spring Rolls…quick, easy, and healthy! They are delicious served with my Asian dipping sauce for lunch or dinner.
The days are passing quickly and swimsuit weather is just around the corner, so I’m thinking healthy. There is something about knowing you will be exposed that makes you want to put in that extra effort to look your best. Oh, yeah…that something is that you will be exposed for everyone to see! That’ll do it! 😀
These Chicken Spring Rolls will put you on the right track. They are light and full of delicious fresh flavors. I love how quick and easy these are to make.
I use ground chicken and broccoli slaw to make these spring rolls. Now, I know some people are intimidated by using rice paper wrappers, but I’m telling you it is super simple.
You are going to want to have everything prepped and ready. These are done very quickly!
To begin making these Chicken Spring Rolls, I start with quickly marinating the chicken with some soy sauce, fresh pressed garlic, and a little black pepper for a few minutes. I think the chicken absorbs the flavors better this way. Heat a skillet over medium high heat with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and add the ground chicken. Cook that through and add some sweet chili sauce and the broccoli slaw. I like to add a little soy to blend the chicken and the veggies flavors together. Cook until vegetables are heated, but still firm.
For the assembly you need a 9-inch pie pan. Fill it half full with warm water (110° F). Quickly run 2 full size paper towels under the water faucet. Gently squeeze together to wet the entire area of the towels. Shake out, separate the towels, and lay flat on the counter next to the pie plate.
Okay, so only take out one rice wrapper at a time. If you take them all out the edges will curl upward and you want them flat. Submerge one rice wrapper in the water for about 10-20 seconds or until it is soft and pliable. Place the soften wrapper on the wet towel.
Now place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom end over the chicken and give a gentle squeeze to compact the filling. Next fold the sides tightly toward the center. Lastly, roll from the bottom upward to create the roll. Voilà
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 12oz bag broccoli slaw
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 8-12 rice paper wrappers
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 packet stevia
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper in a bowl for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Add the ground chicken, cook through.
- Add sweet chili sauce and broccoli slaw. Pour soy over the vegetables, toss to combine.
- Cook until vegetables are heated, but still firm.
- Fill a 9-inch pie pan half full with warm water (110° F).
- Quickly run 2 full size paper towels under the water faucet. Gently squeeze together to wet the entire are of the towels. Shake out, separate, and lay flat on the counter next to the pie plate.
- One at a time submerge rice wrapper in the water. Soak for 10-12 seconds or until pliable.
- Place soften wrapper on the wet towel.
- Add ¼ cup of filling to the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom end over the chicken and give a gentle squeeze to compact the filling.
- Fold the sides tightly toward the center.
- Lastly, roll from the bottom upward to create the roll.
- Cover completed roll with the other damp towel.
- Keep covered until ready to be served.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk sauce to ether until smooth.
- Pour into serving bowls.