Finger foods are awesome! No need for fancy plates, spoons, or forks. These Pepperoni Pizza Bites are a perfect sized appetizer that is easy to make and fun to enjoy while mingling or watching a football game.
These are super easy to make. I use a mini muffin pan to make these bite size goodies. All you need is some pizza dough, pepperoni, and cheese. Can’t beat that right?!
I chop up the pepperoni into little pieces and combine them with a mozzarella/ provolone blend cheese. Mix in a little seasoning and place on top of little pieces of pizza dough. I use my favorite pizza dough recipe, you can find it here.
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 10 ounces bread flour (2 cups )
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2¼ teaspoons)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup pepperoni, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella/provolone cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Add flour, salt and yeast to large bowl. Add olive oil to one side of bowl. Slowly add in water and stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- Once dough comes together, place on lightly floured counter and knead to form soft elastic dough. Place dough in large bowl lightly coated with olive oil. Gently roll dough around bowl to coat. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- In a large bowl combine cheese, chopped pepperoni and seasoning.
- Place a small piece of dough in the bottom of a mini muffin pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Top dough with pepperoni mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Oh my goodness, these are delicious and addictive! They are soft and loaded with all the flavors of a pepperoni pizza. These also make great after school snacks.
Store in a large resealable bag and reheat in the microwave.