Someone said if you call yourself a food blogger then you must have a homemade granola recipe on your site. I actually eat a lot of granola, so I don’t know why it has taken me so long to share it with you. So here is mine 😀
I started making granola because the granola sold in the store seemed to have lots of ingredients and sugar, which meant they were high in calories.
I just wanted a simple granola that was delicious without having to add fruits and nuts to it. That is just what this is…Simply Delicious Granola!
I use maple syrup to make my granola. I like maple syrup over honey because it has fewer calories, less sugar, and higher nutritional benefits.
Maple Syrup has the B vitamin riboflavin, calcium, potassium, manganese, and zinc. It also has this compound that has been associated with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
My granola is so easy to prepare! Preheat your oven to 300F degrees. Coat a large baking pan with a little cooking spray.
Simply combine oats, maple syrup, vanilla and a little salt in a large bowl. Finally spread the oats onto the pan and bake for 35 minutes, stir every 10 minutes.
I love how the maple syrup adds a flavorful sweetness to this granola. My granola is golden, crisp, and perfect with fresh berries and yogurt.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, syrup, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
- Coat a 12x17 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread oats onto pan, bake for 35 minutes or until oats are golden and crisp. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Cool oats in the pan on a wire cooling rack.
- Oats can be stored in an air-tight container for 1 week.