Salads are a perfect year round food. I particularly love salads in the summer because you don’t have to heat up the kitchen making them. A good salad is made even better by using a homemade salad dressing that you don’t feel guilty enjoying. My Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing is perfect for salads, as a vegetable dip, or with buffalo wings. The best part about this Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing is it is guilt free! My secret… I use plain 0% fat Greek Yogurt as the base so, right away you get extra protein 😀
Yogurt is milk that has microorganisms, such as Lactobacillus bulgaricus, added to it to cause it to ferment. The fermentation causes the lactose to be split into galactose and glucose. This action enable people who are lactose intolerant or sensitive to consume milk products without discomfort. Yogurt is an excellent source of protein, calcium and potassium. Greek yogurt which has become very popular, is creamier texture and higher protein content. Greek yogurt actually has about twice the protein, half the sodium and half the carbohydrates as regular yogurt.
Yogurt is also a great source of probiotics.
- Found in fresh cultured yogurt
- Help prevent growth of bad bacteria in the intestine
- Enhance our immune system
- Help maintain integrity of intestinal wall
- Help prevent diarrheal diseases
This dressing is thick, creamy, and bursting with bold flavors!
- 1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 5 oz reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- Add yogurt and seasoning into a large bowl.
- Whisk in milk to thin yogurt. Depending on how thin you want the dressing you can add up to ½ cup of milk
- Stir in blue cheese. Transfer to sealable container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Yield 2 cups.
I’ve tried lots of bottled reduced calorie and reduced fat dressing and they all have a strange aftertaste….it’s gotta be all those preservatives. Yuck! Fresh is definitely the best 😀
My daughter loves this Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing! I’ve never seen a little girl so excited to have a salad. lol 😀
You will love this Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing…it is easy to make and bursting with great flavor! A classic wedge salad is the perfect platform for this Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing but, I can’t wait to top my burger with this thick and creamy dressing!