I know I have said it before but I love salads! I mixed up a delicious salad with spinach, kale, walnuts and strawberries…this baby is loaded with great nutrients and antioxidants.
Kale is a good source of fiber and it’s loaded with antioxidants such as lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene. Kale also provides you with vitamins A, C and K.
Spinach is a great source of vitamin K, vitamin A, iron and folate. Vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, and manganese, zinc, and selenium are all antioxidants found in spinach.
Walnuts contain the minerals phosphorus, magnesium, and Vitamin E. Walnuts are the only nut that provides omega-3 fatty acids in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
Strawberries are full of a great variety of anthocyanins and flavonols. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, manganese, potassium, magnesium, vitamin K, folate, and fiber.
- [For Salad]
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 6 oz fresh kale, chopped
- ¼ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Strawberries, sliced thin
- [For Vinaigrette ]
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl add rice vinegar and white wine vinegar . To the vinegar add sugar, garlic, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender, slowly add oil to vinegar to create an emulsion.
- Clean and rinse strawberries. Slice the strawberries vertically to create thin slices, set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss spinach and kale together. Top with sliced strawberries, feta and walnuts.
You will love the flavors of this salad. The kale is mellowed by the strawberries and feta, while the vinaigrette pulls it all together to create a fresh and flavorful spring salad.