What is it with young boys and muscles…my son can’t pass a mirror without looking at himself ! He has to stop and flex his muscles. He loves to show me his biceps or his quadriceps so I can give him a compliment. He’s a lucky guy…he has good genes. My son takes after his father and is just a naturally muscular guy. I wish I were so lucky. Giving your body the protein it needs to grow and develop can be as easy as making a…Raspberry Protein Shake
RDA: 0.8g per/kg
• Teenage boys (ages 14–18 years): 52 grams (g) protein per day
• Men (ages 19 years and older): 56 g protein per day
• Teenage girls and women (ages 14 years and older): 46 g protein per day
For strength and power athletes protein intakes varies.
- Based on several studies the average protein intake for female body builders was 103 +/- 42 g/day, male body builders 195 +/- 38 g/day, football players averaged 156 +/- 44 g/day
Most important is that you increase protein intake without increasing fat intake.
Suggestions for consuming good protein sources without extra fat:
- Tuna with chopped pickles (no mayo)
- Use 3-4 egg whites to each whole egg
- Grill or bake chicken or fish
Quality proteins are digestible and provides the essential amino acids the body needs.
25 g Chicken Breast (3oz)
22 g Ground beef, Extra lean (3 oz)
22 g Tuna, canned, light (3 oz)
14 g Yogurt, plain, nonfat (1 cup)
10 g Tofu, firm (1/2 cup)
6 g Egg (1 large)
Read more from: Protein Preserves your Muscles – Environmental Nutrition Article
Raspberries are a nutrient dense food and are packed with vitamins, minerals, micronutrients and fiber. When combined with protein in a shake, you can create a perfect muscle building drink.
Flax contains several things that make it a good food for us to add to our diet. Flax provides fiber and lignans. Lignans are polyphenols that provide us with antioxidants that protect us from free radicals and certain types of cancers. Flax is also a good source of the Omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Omega-3′s help regulate blood pressure, blood clotting, and aid in growth and development of cells.
This Raspberry Protein Shake is delicious and refreshing. It has the sweet taste of raspberries and a hint of orange. This Raspberry Protein Shake a delicious way to take in lots of good healthy nutrients and help keep you feeling full.