I love peanut butter and I love Nutella…combine the two and I am in heaven These cookies are super simple to make and are simply Aaaamazing! They are the perfect combination of a soft peanut butter cookie and chocolate hazelnut spread.
Nuts are a great source of protein, magnesium, potassium, folic acid, and Vitamin E. Nuts also contain flavonoids that can help reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer.
You can find lots of different types of peanut butters on the market today. For some it may be difficult to choose which is best, so start with reading the label. Look at the ingredients and select a peanut butter that does not contain added sugar or hydrogenated oils. Fresh peanut butter is amazing! You can easily grind your own peanut butter, but only make a little at a time because it has a short shelf life.
Make Your Own
To make your own peanut butter you simply place 1 cup of unsalted or lightly salted peanuts in a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times to chop up the nuts. Then blend until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. If you like to add a little sweetener, I suggest 1/2 teaspoon of honey or 1/2 packet of stevia. 1 cup of peanuts makes about 3/4 cup of peanut butter.
These cookies are deliciously rustic looking, so don’t worry about making them all identical.
- 1½ c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ c o% plain greek yogurt
- ⅔ c creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- In mixer beat butter until creamy. Add the yogurt and peanut butter, mix until combined.
- Add sugars to the mixer and beat until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl sift together baking soda and flour. Add flour to butter mixture, blend until combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls or use scoop. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and lightly flatten centers. Pipe or add 1 tsp scoop of Nutella to center of cookie and then cover with a teaspoon of the peanut butter dough.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on rack.
These cookies are just so delicious! I use greek yogurt in the cookie batter to help keep the cookie soft and moist. I love the slightly sweet peanut butter cookie with the chocolate hazelnut spread. Really, who can resist peanut butter and chocolate?!