I am a tad bit obsessed with one-skillet meals. I have a white board with lots of meals and blog ideas scribbled on it. Half of the board has one-skillet meals!
Maybe, it is because I love a quick dinner or that I’m a bit lazy when it comes to doing dishes. I’m pretty sure it is a bit of both.
After a busy day, my goal is to get dinner done fast and get out of the kitchen! Plus, my kids are cleaning up after dinner and I try to make as little mess as possible. I’m kinda nice like that.
This dinner meets all the criteria for a quick and mess free meal. The best part it is delicious! It is full of great big flavors, veggies, and cheese.
Do you ever think that adding cheese to a meal makes it better? Yeah, me too.
So, to make this a quick cooking meal I slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. This makes them nice and thin. You can buy them packaged at the store like this, but they are twice as expensive. Why bother when you can do it at home for less money, right?!
Mix a little spice combination, sprinkle it on the chicken, and get ready for a delicious dinner.
I usually call out for someone to help set the table and get drinks right before dinner is ready to be served. My guys couldn’t believe how fast they were being called to help. This dinner is ready in less than 15 minutes! How awesome is that?!
This is one deliciously colorful dinner!
The chicken has a bit of spice, which is slightly tamed with the sweet corn and bell peppers. Oh, that melted cheese is bliss. It covers the chicken and blends in with the corn.
Cheese and corn…yum! Remember my corn dip? I can’t get enough of this combination.
I’m big on having a great balance of flavor and textures. I like having a little crunch in my foods. Here the bell pepper and jalapenos are perfect with the juicy spicy chicken. This meal makes my taste buds so happy!
Ready…dinner is served! This is one meal you can’t wait to get in your belly, so hurry to the table.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- ½ cup water
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup grated Mexican cheese blend
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thin
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- In a large oven safe skillet heat 1 tsp of oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken breast and sauté until both sides are browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate and cover.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan along with the garlic and bell pepper. Sauté until garlic is fragrant then add the corn. Cook until corn is heated.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Add water and pour lime juice over the chicken. Cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with jalapeños and cilantro.
- Serve with wedge of lime.